In 2014, a group of representatives from multiple local governments began meeting to discuss innovative ways to drive economic development across their shared region. Two years later, the group won a highly competitive grant from the USDOT to outfit the region for connected vehicle testing. That was simply the beginning.
Encouraged by the speed and passion with which they worked together, the group began to dream about what more could be possible. Four years and hundreds of millions in investment later, The Beta District officially launched.
Our region is led by a jurisdictional council
of governments who share a unique passion for
innovation, progress, and collaboration. They are:
- Mr. Dana McDaniel, City Manager, City of Dublin
- Mr. Terry Emery, City Manager, City of Marysville
- Mr. Tim Hansley, County Administrator, Union County
- Mr. Eric Phillips, Executive Director, Marysville-Union County Port Authority
- Mr. Keith Conroy, Trustee, Millcreek Township